Summer 2021 is On! UK Government announces Covid Plan.
So as we were all expecting, Monday 22nd February marked the day that the main man in charge BoJo has come out with the roadmap to a restriction Covid-free UK.
This is how the roadmap looks:
On 8 March
- all students return to schools and colleges, and school clubs can resume
- Secondary school students will be required to wear masks in class as well as communal areas
- People can meet one other person outside for recreation, not just exercise
- Care home residents allowed one regular named visitor
- Stay at home order remains in place.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to six people or two households allowed, including meeting in private garden.
- Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts and outdoor swimming pools allowed to reopen; organised outdoor sports can resume
- Stay at home order ends but people encouraged to stay local wherever they can
- Work from home wherever possible
- No overseas travel
Step two will happen no earlier than 12 April
- Non-essential retail, hairdressers, nail salons, libraries and museums open
- Outdoor hospitality in pubs and restaurants allowed with households or rule-of-six
- Most outdoor settings reopen such as zoos and theme parks
- Gyms and indoor swimming pools open
- Self catering holiday accommodation and camp sites reopen
- Funerals continue with up to 30 people
- Weddings with up to 15 people.
- International travel possible with quarantine when back in UK (This won’t matter for those booking a summer abroad with us!)
Step three will happen no earlier than 17 May
- Outdoors most social contact rules lifted, up to limit of 30 people
- Mixing indoors allowed for two households, but rule-of-six for indoor hospitality and elsewhere
- Cinemas, soft play centres, rest of accommodation sector, hotels, indoor exercise classes return
- Performances and sporting events resume – larger performances with venues 1,000+ or half full will be allowed indoors and outdoors 4,000 capacity or half full (whichever lowest)
- In very largest outdoor seated venues such as football stadiums up to 10,000 people allowed to attend (or 1/4 full whichever is lowest)
- International travel with no restrictions
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings, receptions, funerals, wakes.
So Step four, from no earlier than 21 June, means
- All legal limits on social contact removed with ambition to reopen final closed sectors of the economy such as nightclubs
- Hope to lift restrictions on large events and performances
- Hope to remove all limits on weddings and other “life events”
This is great news for us! International travel will definitely be possible to spend a dream summer abroad with Summer Tribe!
When you are booked in with us you are travelling for an essential reason which is to work, meaning with us your travel is not affected. We are able to provide documents proving that you are travelling for work purposes meaning in any case it will not affect your travel.
Read more about the different kind of jobs we arrange here.
We understand if you’d like to change your date to one later in summer and we will change this for you free of charge subject to spaces.
Now we have the clear path out of restrictions bookings are surging for our resorts!
If you want to be part of the tribe this year and work in one of our wild 6 party resorts. Apply Here